Here is a list, by category, of some of the books we own. This list is
not complete; we will be adding to it as we have time. However, we have
indexed enough to be useful so we are putting it up.
A couple of caveats:
- Just because we own it does *not* mean it is a good, or useful book on
the subject. This is a listing of what we own, and not necessarily a
- Not everything will be on the middle ages or Renaissance. Most, but not
all. This is a listing of everything we own, and we are interested in more
than the middle ages and Renaissance.
- Some books will be on more than one list, since this is more or less by
subject, and some books fall under more than one subject.
- If you have any questions about any specific books, email
ask. Reasonable questions will be answered.
- Check back every week or so, as we will be updating this list.
Eventually some of the lists will become annotated bibliographies, but
don't expect that to happen soon.
- Books dealing with beverages or drinking.
- Issues of Compleat Anachronist that we have.
- Cake Decorating
- Books on cake decorating.
- Card Weaving
- Books on card weaving and inkle weaving.
- These are books that are catalogues of museum exhibitions,
or books that are on a broad subject so they belong with them.
- Books dealing with calligraphy, illumination, illuminated
manuscripts, papermaking, bookbinding, etc.
- CIBA Reviews.
- Books on costume.
- Counted Work
- Charts for counted work, period and non-period including
blackwork, counted crosswork, needlepoint, etc.
- Books on dance.
- Books that deal with everyday life, letters, etc.
- Books that deal with military (except Osprey and their ilk),
fighting, SCA fighting, armour, chivalry, tournaments, warfare, etc.
- Food Garnishing
- Books on food garnishing, or food decoration, except for cake decoration.
- Books on medieval furniture. Both about and howto.
- Books on herbs, herbals, gardens, vegetables, medicine, and that ilk.
Not all are medieval or renaissance.
- Books on jewelry and metal work.
- Books on lace.
- Books on Marzipan work, gum paste, sugar flowers and their ilk.
- Books from the Museum of London.
- Books of songs and music. Period, SCA and out of period.
- Men at war books, mostly the Osprey series, but some others that
deal with military uniforms.
- Books of Tapestries.
- Books on Vikings and their time period, and related stuff.
Back to Tero's Home Page
Latest update 31 March 2002